Laser dental cleaning is another procedure that dentists use to treat oral issues. In reality, many dental offices are already offering this type of cleaning. If you would just click on this link, it will direct you to a dental care provider who can perform laser dental cleaning. On the other hand, laser dental cleaning is different from regular dental cleaning. This article will mention to you how they differ from one another.
Laser dental cleaning
This procedure is a type of deep cleaning. Furthermore, this deep cleaning does not require the usage of special dental tools. Instead, they will use a dental laser to remove plaque and tartar buildup. The light energy coming from the laser breaks the plaque and tartar gently from the patient’s tooth. In effect, the gums and teeth do not undergo an intensive process.
How does laser dental cleaning take place? During surgical or dental procedures, the laser serves as the cutting instrument or a vaporizer. Furthermore, if used in a teeth whitening procedure, it enhances the effect of the bleaching agents.
Additionally, some dentists use lasers to treat oral issues, such as tooth decay, gum disease, or lesion removal. Lasers are also excellent for speeding up teeth whitening procedures.
On the other hand, in the latter part of this article, we will also discuss the benefits of laser dental deep cleaning. Please hang in there!
Difference between regular and laser dental cleaning
The traditional cleaning method uses special dental tools. Aside from that, it focuses at and above the gum line. In effect, it can disturb the bacteria, traveling to the bloodstream towards the rest of the body. Regular cleaning polishes the surface of the teeth. Moreover, it requires more scraping to remove the plaque and tartar buildup.
On the other hand, laser dental deep cleaning uses laser technology in removing infected tissue along the gumline. Furthermore, laser dental deep cleaning is one of the best options to treat gum disease. However, there are still possibilities that scaling and root planing will take place in this treatment. But then again, the process is even less invasive.
Benefits of laser dental cleaning
Below are the benefits you can gain from choosing this cleaning for your teeth.
- It offers a more comfortable experience.
- There is a lesser occurrence of swelling after the treatment.
- Moreover, patients will feel less anxious before the cleaning begins.
- There is also minimal bleeding for patients who have gum disease.
- Besides that, it is a useful option to remove the infected tissue.
- Aside from that, there is a reduced application of anesthesia because it causes less pain.
- Lastly, it can excellently preserve your tooth during cavity removal.
These are the reasons why there are people who choose this cleaning option over the traditional cleaning. However, this cleaning type also has its potential drawbacks. Read them as follows.
Disadvantages of laser dental cleaning
Here are some of the factors you have to consider before proceeding with a laser cleaning.
- The dentist cannot use lasers on teeth with fillings in place.
- Lasers are not applicable for some performed dental procedures, such as removing defective crowns or preparing teeth for bridges, and many more.
- The dentist may still require traditional drills to shape the filling, adjust the bite, or polish the tooth filling.
- Aside from that, the dentist can minimize the use of anesthesia but cannot remove it.
- Most of all, laser treatment’s cost is expensive in comparison with a dental drill.
In choosing a dental treatment, it would be best to consult with your dentist. Consultation is necessary so that the dentist can discuss the pros and cons of a particular treatment method.
Cleaning of teeth is essential to remove plaque and tartar buildup that can cause gum disease. Aside from that, gum disease can progress into a severe oral condition if you neglect it. For this reason, you have to maintain good oral habits.
One of these good oral habits is to have your teeth cleaned inside a dental clinic. Either traditional or laser treatment, undergoing a professional cleaning is a part of these excellent oral practices.